Sunday, January 11, 2009

011/365


011/365
Originally uploaded by psydereal
Today I went over to my friend's house to meet her new baby Diya. She was very cute and small. Diya was born on the same day that Brad and I got engaged exactly one month ago, so December 11 was a very lucky day indeed.

I was talking with Kim the other day about babies and how over the past year I've actually been thinking about wanting one lately. I never thought I would be the type to actually want to have one, I always figured that I'd end up in my thirties and realize that I should do it now or never, bite the bullet, and then end up loving and being really into my kid.

This Christmas though, I definitely was thinking that it would be great to have a child to spoil on Christmas morning. Kim said that she felt the opposite way, that she saw all the presents under the tree for (mostly) her and was stoked that the presents were for her, realizing that if she had a child they wouldn't be anymore. Such different perspectives! I am definitely preparing for a child in my future, she definitely isn't there yet. Life is so funny.

No comments: